pátek 1. srpna 2014

Eleanor's new dress

Hello everyone,

today I'd like to show you a new addition to Eleanor's wardrobe. Eleanor (I think her original SF name is Barbara Dale, but somehow it just seemed too ordinary for her! :D) is still getting used to her new life in the village, so she was very happy about getting this new dress!

Sad thing is, there isn't many places where she could go parading this piece of clothing yet as the village is still in early development. And she definitely won't be taking it to the newly open hamburger restaurant :D So far she will just have to settle for Mrs. Bramble's approving (hopefully!) grunt.

So enough talking (haha, hope you didn't fall for it :D) and there's a picture of Eleanor proudly presenting her robe:





 It was my first attempt at sewing (well, not technically, but the first one was a disaster) so it's a bit wobbly but overall I'm satisfied with the outcome. I have an ambivalent relationship with the fabric as I totally loved it af first sight, then started to hate the moment I combined it with the lace and cut, and ended at liking it afterall when the dress was finished. It has a rustic feel to it (which I totally adore! only it doesn't go that well with this kind of dress design) and is in fact considerably lighter in reality. I think it would be perfect for crib "furnishing" and maybe I'll do that later as I have plenty of material left.



 I used this site's layouts and ideas: http://lespetitsmalins.forumchti.com/t1216p75-la-petite-fabrique-de-mimosette (maybe I should've lead with this information? don't know :D) It was a little hard for me to understand as I don't know a single word in French and my imagination isn't the best when it comes to technical things, but their creations are simply fantastic.




I apologize for the quality of the pictures as I took them in the middle of night with my mobile phone (and I believe the google wizard worked his magic on them as well), so there is definitely a room for improvement :D 

This is how the dress looks without its model (I think Eleanor adds a lot of fab to it)

Anyway, I really enjoyed putting this dress together and I'll be glad to hear any tips you have for this matter!


What about you, have you tried sewing something for your little Sylvanians? :)

Tiny Lady




Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat