čtvrtek 7. srpna 2014

Garden bench, finished

Frankly, this was a bitch to make :D Pulled an all-nighter for it, not sure it was worth it...well, it holds shape, that's one thing I can definitely say for it - I consider that a success because there really aren't any solid parts to this thing. Most of all, I think this should be made from wood, paper seems the wrong material, but it is holding, so it is possible to use paper. Now, I'd like to say something more to it, but I'm really too tired...Yes, it's safe to celebrate, I'm not going to change my mind :D So, let's get the scaling pictures out of the way, they're the ugliest as usual:


From above


And the side.

Something a bit more presentable ( hopefully? ):



And for the last picture, I opened it - it can be used for storage:


The design is based on IKEA's Ängsö series ( photo I used here ), though I decided I didn't really care for the legs :D And I missed the number of slats in the armrest....yeah, who am I kidding, they look nothing alike :D But I guess tough life, this is the closest I can get on my current level :)

Now, it's lunchtime, best time to go to sleep :D
Take care,
Engineer out.

4 komentáře:

  1. Wow, another great work! It looks like the original :). Storage is always very important :D

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Isn't it :D Now I just need something to actually store in there! :D

      Vymazat
  2. That's amazing! This blog is so lovely, I just discovered it via the Sylvanian Forum,. May I add you on my blog? It is: www.sylvaniansite.com
    Hello to Arissa!
    A xx

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment! :) I'm not exactly sure what that means ( programmers, eh? :D ), but if it is linking to us from your blog, we'd be so happy!
      Tiny Lady says hello, too :)

      Vymazat