neděle 3. srpna 2014

White bedroom set, dressing table

Hi there,
me again :D I made a dressing table for the White bedroom set today and....well, I don't know. I'm not satisfied, to tell the truth. It was a lot of work so I'm not discarding it yet :D But it came out too....bulky. The desk is massive, really, and it doesn't look so good. I also think that the legs should have been put in the very corners of the table, that probably would have helped with this problem. Also, the drawers are missing a handle now, so they look a little lost there, but I should be doing something about that tomorrow. Well, enough talk, here it is:



The mirror probably could have been shinier, but I don't yet know how to do that, this was the shiniest material I found. Good part is, the mirror moves in the joints! Lots of thinking and hard work right there :D Though it usually falls back into the default position, pulled by its own weight. Oh well. Not always, though! :D I opened one of the drawers for the second picture to show that they are not just decorative plates, here is a picture of a lone drawer:


Finally, I thought it might be nice to see it coming together, so two parts of the white set together, though it's a clumsy shot:


So, that's it for today :D
Engineer out.

4 komentáře:

  1. Wow, I'm really impressed by your awesome work! The whole set looks really, really good! :) And it's all made of card board? :)

    Many greetings,
    Kyra

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Hi, Kyra, and thanks!
      That's a lot of praise :) To answer your question, yes, it is mainly cardboard, though I combine it with sketching paper ( 180g/m2 ) - I usually make the smaller parts ( bedposts, table legs ) with that and also some of the internal workings, then add the cardboard to strengthen the construction ( though of course some parts have to be cardboard from the beginning to be strong enough ). The paint usually hides the difference in material where it was visible before....at least I hope so :)
      Hope this helped - and that you continue to enjoy our work :)

      Vymazat
    2. Really, absolutly amazing! It looks like it's made out of wood :). Yes, there are no visible edges - I wish I would be able to work like that! :) Thank you :)
      I'm sure I will enjoy your future work :)

      Vymazat
    3. Thanks again! I'm really flattered, especially after seeing your blog ( hope that's okay ), I think the stuff you make is awesome! :) And a lot harder to do, too, I'd say.

      Vymazat