úterý 5. srpna 2014

White bedroom set, wardrobe

Eck. What do people need these abominations for? Chests were so much cooler ( = easier to make )! Well, tough life, I suppose, Tiny Lady commissioned one, so I had no other choice, did I :D Overall I think it could have turned out much worse, really. I'm trying not to hate myself here for the way the hinges look and what they've done to the whole piece....and I've been successful so far, I've put it some two meters away and discarded my glasses. It's actually starting to look great! :D Anyway, I'm sorry about all this nonsense I'm spouting....oh, by the way, did you know one actually can get too precise? Making the back panel, I cut out long pieces of cardboard and glued them on the panel, then painted over them before adding it all to the skeleton of the wardrobe....and they completely disappeared underneath the paint, because they were too finely done and just came together so close there was no room for the paint to sink in and create the kind of surface I'd wanted. So I had to scratch through the paint again once it had dried to reach what you can see on the inside of the wardrobe. That said, I'd say you might be wanting to actually see what I'm talking about all this time, so here, have a glam shot :D I'm a proud parent.



Now that is an actual hand-made paper tube in there, mind you :D That was a special kind of hell, that part :D Alright, let's go further:


Open wide :D


And close


And a scaling shot with Mr. Teabag. Maybe it's a girl, though, it's pink.

This was the first time that I actually had to switch between glue and color several times ( I use the same paintbrush ), so I spent the night running to the sink and back :D Also successfully turned myself albino...Somehow, I managed to get paint all over my face. Unbelievable. 

Now, I once more took family shots of the whole set:



I would just like to add here that it's not closed on purpose in the second picture. It can be closed entirely if needed, as documented by the solo shots :)

That seems to be it for today :)
Have a great day,
Engineer.

4 komentáře:

  1. I often use the "glasses"- trick :D, you made me really laugh! But I think the wardrobe looks wonderful, especially the... well, I don't know how it's called, the ornament on top? :D May I ask how long you need to create such a furniture? :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Thanks a lot :) And the glasses trick really is the best, isn't it :D As to your question, it really depends on what it is I am making, but I think the average would be around six hours for one piece of furniture...though I'm not sure how accurate this is, because it's the first time I'm making these things, which means I'm designing the pieces, thinking out ways to put them together, sometimes things don't work out entirely and I lose time correcting it...I do hope it will get faster once I've created templates for the pieces and established the right steps to put it all together :) On the newest addition ( garden bench ) I actually spent something around eight hours, wrecked my elbow and I think now me and the Stanley knife are going steady, one more thing like that and I'll commission a tiny wedding dress for it :D

      Vymazat
    2. It is :D.
      That's just... wow :D. But I can totally imagine that you need that time for all the tiny details and that all the pieces fit together. I think your quiete fast :D. I would need days for one furniture piece.

      Vymazat
    3. Thank you :) But I think you underestimate yourself, really. You have to be quite skilled to make the things I've seen on your blog, so I expect this wouldn't pose much of a problem for you, either :)

      Vymazat